Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Put Away the Power Tools


 Today on my way back from 4-H clubs in Rossville, I was delighted to see forsythia blooming all over the place.  What a beautiful shrub with such a graceful growth habit!  How lovely a few limbs would look in a vase in my living room!  Forsythia is such a cheerful plant, one of the first assurances of the coming spring.  Reminds me of my Grandmother's yard every time I see them. 




Then, I saw this... 




I am sure that whomever wielded the weapon had no idea what type of shrub he (or she) was encountering.  I am certain that he was simply sent on a mission:  go prune stuff at the school.  We can only hope that the perpetrator will return soon so that he/she can see the forsythia blooming in a box, and be rehabilitated. 

While I am on the subject, there are other plants that should never be touched with a power tool.  This would include azaleas and crepemyrtles.  Friends, we have to stay diligent and choose our landscape service providers with care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment